24 February 2024
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you want to be better with your money and you want to manage it correctly then you need to have a budget in place. They are so important no matter how much or how little you earn each month, and everybody should have one.
Having a budget will dramatically improve not only your financial situation, but it would improve your Peace of Mind. Unless you are in the million or billionaire categories, then you know that you only have a limited amount of time between paychecks before things really hit the fan. Whether you are saving with North Country Savings Bank will you prefer the envelope method where you put your savings into your envelopes each month, you have to have a consideration for how you can budget your money the best way you know how. So, if you're still on the fence the best thing that you can do is take a look at the tips below as to why you should think of a budget.
- Budgets in place will stop you from overspending. We've all done it. We've spent more money than necessary and broken into the budgets that pay for bills or pay for the rent. And then, we are stuck playing catch up. If you don't have a budget you will easily over spend each month because it's very difficult to actually keep track of everything in your account but very easy to swipe your card at everything. You can finance your furniture and you can consider that it's only a small payment per month, but those small payments add up when you do that multiple times and you don't have the funds.
- Budgets can help you to pay down your debt. If you can see you have spare income, then you'll know that you were able to pay down your debt. You just haven't been doing it so far. A budget will help you to see where the gaps are, and will help you to see where you are spending unnecessary amounts of money. When your debt is paid off, huge amounts of stress will Slough off of your shoulders very quickly and that's an amazing feeling.
- Budgets can help you to reach your financial goals. Without a budget, it's very easy to consider that your head is in the sand. You may not think about the consequences of your spending, and you may not think about what you are spending on. You will just swipe and go to every shop you have to. Instead, you could reach your financial goals and have a better future as a result.
- Budgets can help you see where you are spending. If you notice you have a lot less money than expected each month, you need to have a budget in place that you can see where it's all going. You could free up a few $100 simply by realizing you are wasting your money on certain items and canceling those subscriptions.
- You can prepare for emergencies with your budget. It's one of the most important reasons to have one, but if you are nervous about losing your job at any point, then you'll find that having a budget in place is going to help you to bridge that gap between roles and paychecks.